Sunday, October 21, 2007

Early Onset Swollen Feet

Greetings from my bedside, where I will be spending a lot of time for the next week or so. I've read that pregnancy can cause swollen feet, but I don't think I have the standard case. Yesterday morning, Phoebe and I were mid-way through our 5-mile run on the Woodcroft trails, when I was lost in thought, ever so pleased with myself for making it to the 20th week of pregnancy without altering my pre-pregnancy running schedule (well, except for going a lot slower). The next thing I knew, I lost my balance, heard a horrible crunching sound from my ankle, and face-planted on the pavement.

I was rescued by some nice neighbors who drove us back home, where a startled Craig then shuttled me over to UNC Hospital. Everything checked out fine - a quick ultrasound showed the little guy was thankfully unscathed from the fall and my ankle is badly sprained, but not broken. Now, with the entire downstairs gutted, I'm pretty much stuck up here. Feel free to come by to visit (with snacks)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to take the time you need or you will be in that bed even longer.

Anonymous said...

1)Pope say "Foot better to kiss than jogging to miss".
2)Swollen feet by jogger better left for man who is a logger"
3)She who soon have a baby should remember to jog like a lady.
4)Grandfather to-be who sends jingle might be better off as "single"