Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Day of Naughty

Hudson was in rare form today. His troubles started when he punched a boy at a playground in the morning - it was a soft punch, an effort to get attention, but it did not make Hudson's Mommy, the boy, or the boy's Mommy the least bit happy. From there things spiraled downward, with much of the day spent on the naughty step for things like climbing on the counters (four separate visits), punching the dogs, tossing his lunch plate, not staying on the naughty step, etc., etc. Whew!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang, the video stops just when it was about to get GOOD. I hope you found that chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Freud would say that he's having pre sibling rivalry issues. Either way I would suggest it's time to apply more structure. If he doesn't stay on the naughty steps, then may be he shouldn't be allowed outside or be allowed bike riding priviliges. What precipitates his becoming physical with other children. Are they younger and smaller or his size and age ?
Grandpa Ray Yankee

The Younger's said...

You and Sigmund are welcome to analyze Hudson when he's in NY. I've been trying to take away things that are important to him, but unless it's involved with the naughty act, he doesn't seem to understand. Yesterday I made us leave the playground after he punched the boy, and he cried the entire drive home... and then proceeded to be naughty all afternoon.